Have you ever looked at a magazine and thought, “I want a room that looks like that!”? Or have you just moved into your new home and realized that your bedroom window opens up onto a major pedestrian throughway? Or are you just trying to get a decent night’s sleep and your neighbor’s security light shines right into your bedroom? Whatever your motivation for buying window treatments we have the solution for you, from the sublime to the practical and often times they are one in the same.
We feel it is a privilege to be invited into your home and understand that window treatments are the icing the on the cake of room décor. If you are interested in Roman Shades or Custom Draperies, we have thousands of fabric samples to choose from. We also carry several product lines for plantation shutters, cellular shades, pleated shades, roller/solar shades, faux wood blinds, and other specialty window coverings that provide privacy and/or exterior light elimination.
How it works:
How it works:
1) Look at the Budget Blinds website to see what type of window treatments you are interested in seeing.
2) Call our office at 713-592-0224 to make an appointment
3) One of our salespeople will come to your home and show you samples of the window treatments you requested. She will measure your windows at that appointment and give you an estimate for the cost of the window treatments.
4) When you order we require a 75% deposit.
5) Depending upon what type of window treatment you purchased it can take from 2-4 weeks for your items to arrive in our warehouse (often longer than that for plantation shutters)
6) Ernesto, our installer, will call you for an installation date and time.
7) Ernesto will install your new window treatments.
8) If there is a balance due, we will contact you after installation to obtain a credit card number or check.
() Rave about your new Window Coverings on Facebook, Yelp or Google! We'd love to see your reaction.
Lynne Lorenz, Owner:
Lynne has a background in Corporate Marketing Strategy and purchased the Budget Blinds Franchise in 2011. Prior to that she was a salesperson for Budget Blinds. She grew up in Houston, Texas and is a docent for Bayou Bend Museum …. in her spare time.
Kara DeRocha, Administrative Assistant
Kara is originally from Round Rock, Texas and has lived in Houston since 2001. She started working for Lynne in January 2016 and the office has never been so organized! She runs a tight ship and keeps the wheels of the office greased. She is usually the person you talk to when you call the office and she makes most of the sales appointments.
Susan Fredlund, Sales
Susan is Lynne’s neighbor and friend. Originally from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Susan moved to Houston over 20 years ago. She has worked for Budget Blinds since 2013 and is particularly talented at helping customers select soft treatments (drapes and Roman shades).
She loves to travel, especially to castles.
Jody Martin, Sales
Jody is also Lynne’s neighbor and friend. She always has a quick smile and tons of energy. She has been working for Budget Blinds since 2006. Jody has a young family so usually only takes morning appointments. She is also very active with fundraising for Mark Twain Elementary School PTO and with Braeswood Place Mom’s group.
Ernesto Barriga, Installer
Ernesto has been installing window treatments for over 8 years and has worked for several Budget Blinds. He is always neat and organized and never leaves a mess behind. Ernesto is our usual installer, though sometimes we pull an installer from another Budget Blinds if we get particularly busy. We get countless compliments on him from our customers. He is the best!
Daisy, the Wonder Dog
Daisy is a Houston native and started working for Budget Blinds when Lynne adopted her in 2013. She serves as honorary guard dog and official stress reliever (want me to catch a ball????). She does not go on appointments or installations, but she serves an important role in our office as a lizard hunter and clean up crew of crumbs. She is a graduate of Meadowlake Resort and Training where she had to learn MANY new words. So did Lynne. Both forget them at times.