4 Quick Fixes for Creating Home Harmony
Your home is a place for you to relax and unwind. Living in a cluttered and unorganized space can make you feel more stressed and overwhelmed. Fortunately, there are simple ways you can improve your home to achieve a more balanced and productive life. To save time and energy, Budget Blinds has put together these four interior design ideas for your window coverings, walls, and floor plan that work together in harmony to create balance in your home:
1. Install the Perfect Window Treatment
You may have never thought that window coverings could greatly impact the energy and feel in your home. Here are some examples of what the right window treatment can do for your home:
• Vertical Blinds can be stacked tightly, taking up less space and allowing you to take full advantage of your view. When they are closed, they effectively shield incoming sunlight while giving you greater privacy.
• Solar shades are an effective shield against solar heat, which helps keep those costly cooling expenses down. In addition to being energy-efficient, solar shades reduce glare and gently filter light to provide you with just the right ambience.
• Roller shades are available in an assortment of colors, fabrics and decorative options. They are extremely easy to operate, affordable and have diverse light filtering options.
• Drapes offer a softening touch over the hard edges of window frames. Depending on their fabric, drapes can add an extra layer of insulation and help to block incoming sunlight.
• Cellular shades offer various types of light filtration and cordless options, making them safe for children and pets. They also provide an insulating later to help keep your rooms at an ideal temperature.
2. Reorganize Clutter
Make your home a clutter-free zone by organizing everything you can, especially the essentials you use every day (keys, purse, cell phone, clothing, household cleaning supplies, etc.). Knowing where things are can help take an extra weight off your shoulders – similar to that accomplished feeling of crossing something off your to-do list. Placing labels on containers is a great way to remind you of where specific items belong.
3. Repaint and Renew
Sometimes, your home needs a simple interior design refresh to create more harmony; this can be as simple as painting a room. Give a room a fresh coat of paint, clean the windows so you can get a clear view, or replace the curtains to instantly renew any room. Colors can inspire different moods, and choosing the right colors for your home can greatly increase harmony.
4. Include Uplifting Elements for Every Room
A room’s energy can become much more powerful with an inspiring and uplifting aesthetic, especially in a room you spend most of your time in. For example, hang a painting by your favorite artist or a picture of your family in your bedroom or entry way to bring positive energy into your home.
Following quick fixes like these will allow you and your family to lead a more peaceful and balanced life. Harmonizing your home can help eliminate stress from your busy schedules while nurturing your mind and body.
See if you can handle what your home has in store for you by playing our “Click it to Fix It” interactive Facebook game. You’ll learn about the benefits of various window treatments through an entertaining platform so you can make an educated decision on the ideal window coverings for your home. To download “Click it to Fix It,” visit: https://apps.facebook.com/bbclickittofixit/